Friday, September 11, 2009

We all lose our way sometimes...

On Thursday at about 8:10 am, I bought me a Little Debbie muffin, a granola bar, and a nice little bottle of milk. After eating the muffin and granola bar, I headed to my History 2700 class, entered the room, sat down, and contentedly opened and began drinking my milk. But then, suddenly I felt strange and out of place. Let me tell you in my own words:
"Huh. Our professor must not be here today. I guess that young guy at the computer is our substitute. Meh. He's pretty good looking, but he'd look so much better if he combed his hair and got rid of the earring... Hmm... I don't recognize anyone. Should I be worried? No, of course I'm not in the wrong classroom, what a silly idea! It's Thursday, right? Right. Class will start soon at 8:30, right? Right. I guess I've just always been too shy to lift my head and familiarize myself with all the faces in here. This milk is sure yummy! I really needed it after muffin and granola! Oh, someone else is coming in the room. Please be someone I recognize. Nope, don't recognize him either... Well, Dr. Mulderink must have told the substitute to play music for us, like he always does. At least he's not playing country... Wait. Did the substitute just tell that kid that we're having a lecture today? I thought today was Group #1's project. Where are they?? Wait a second... the computer and technology stuff are on the left side of the room. Aren't they usually on the right...? AW, NUTS! I am in the wrong classroom! My classroom must be next door. Why did they make these Centrum classrooms look so much alike? I've just been sitting here, drinking my milk, and I've been in the wrong classroom the whole time! This is so embarrassing. Now I have to pick up my stuff and leave the room while everyone watches me. Later today they'll all be laughing about it, and once they tell their friends, they'll laugh about it, too. Aw well.. guess there's nothing for me to do but laugh about it as well." :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Mandy! I never thought I'd find you again!!! Of course I remember you! I haven't heard from you forever! How are you??? That's okay, we all do stupid stuff like that. One time I went to a different ward's FHE because I guess I misheard where we were having it. I didn't recognize anyone but I thought I just didn't know anyone and I was talking to this guy (who was really cute) and found out that I was in the wrong ward!!! Oh well, I had a good time anyway.

    So we need to get together!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete