Saturday, September 12, 2009

Disney Movie #9

#9. The Rescuers Down Under

This movie is about Bernard and Bianca, two mice who are part of the all-mouse Rescue Aid Society. They get called on a mission to Australia, where they rescue a little boy named Cody who was kidnapped by the evil poacher, McLeach. They hire Wilbur, an albatross, to fly them to Australia. Once they get there, they face many dangers. Wilbur gets sent to an old mouse-run hospital when he throws out his back, and Bernard has to learn to put up with romantic rivals. Everything turns out happy of course, and Bernard finds his courage and leadership skills.

Random Personal Thoughts: Okay, so this movie isn't perfect, but I still like it. :) It's actually a sequel to an older Disney movie called The Rescuers, which was released in 1977. I like that movie too, but I actually prefer the sequel. Watching the original may increase your appreciation for this movie and its characters, but it's not necessary. (I recommend it if you have time, though. It's a good little movie :) )

The Rescuers Down Under has a taste of animal rightsiness, but it doesn't really bother me in this case because McLeach really is a bad guy. He's not just a hunter, put a poacher who is breaking the law, killing endangered species (he's wants to kill the baby eagles purely for the purpose of keeping them rare so he can get more money), and worst of all, he's willing to do anything to get what he wants, even if it means kidnapping and harming an innocent little boy. (Sorry, Nate and Meridy. I know you love McLeach. He's very funny, but you've got to admit he's a bad guy.)

Bernard and Bianca have a really cute relationship. (Yes, I know they're mice. They still have a cute relationship.)

Who does that kangaroo lady think she is?!! Making poor little Cody climb that humongous red cliff without any equipment or adult supervision? That thing's got to be over a thousand feet high!! (Hmmm... how'd McLeach even get up there?)

Good Quotes From the Rescuers Down Under

1. McLeach: I didn't make it all the way through third grade for nothing.

2. McLeach (singing to tune of "Home on the Range): Home, home on the range / Where the critters are tied up in chains / I cut through their sides / and I rip off their hides / and the next day I do it again. Everybody!

3. Bianca: Oh, Captain. Is this a non-stop flight to Australia?
Wilbur: Well, no, no. I can definitely say no. We're gonna have to make connections with a bigger bird. Non-stop? Who do I look like, Charles Lindbergh?

4. Bernard (to a razorback): Now, look! I've got a long way to go. You're, you're gonna take me there, and you're not gonna give me any trouble about it, right? [razorback shakes head]
Bernard: Good! Now git!

5. Bianca: Bernard! This is no time to play in the snow!!

6. Doctor: Forceps!
Nurse Mouse: Forceps!
Wilbur: Oh, what now?
Doctor: Spinal streculator!
Wilbur: Oh, that's gonna hurt.
Doctor: Artery router!
Wilbur: Mother!
Doctor: This is rusted tight. I wouldn't dream of using such tools. Bring me the epidermal tissue disrupter!
Wilbur: The epidermal WHAT?!! [the nurses start a chainsaw]
Wilbur: Oh! Oh,no! Aaah!

7. Wilbur: Wait a minute. What the heck are you doing up here?
Bernard: The kidnapper took the boy and Jake,...and Miss Bianca.
Wilbur: Miss Bianca? Miss Bianca's in trouble? Oh, no! That's terrible! We gotta do something. I'm very disappointed in you, Bernard. Hiding under a nest while Bianca's in danger. Let me tell you something, buddy!
Bernard: Wilbur...
Wilbur: You-you-you look in the desert, and I-I-I'll scan the coast line. Yeah, that's what I'll do.
Bernard: Wilbur...
Wilbur: I'll ask the chicks on the beach to...
Bernard: Wilbur!
Wilbur: Huh? What?
Bernard: Listen. There are some chicks here that need your help.
Wilbur: Really?
[Bernard sits on one of Marahute's eggs and pats it with his hand]
Wilbur: Oh, no! I know what you're thinking, and you're wrong. Don't look at me like that. You're getting no from me! No! I am never going to sit on those eggs!

-Cut to Wilbur sitting on eggs-

Wilbur: Aw, nuts! I gotta learn to be more assertive. No is no is no. Hey, quit moving in there.

8. Bianca: Oh, Bernard. You are magnificent. You are absolutely hero of the day.
Bernard: Miss Bianca, before anything else happens... will you marry me?
Bianca: Bernard! Of course I will!
Jake: Well done, mate.

9. Doctor: I've already missed tea, Mr. Albatross. Don't force me to take drastic measures. You must relax.
Wilbur: Relax? I have never been more relaxed in my life! If I were any more relaxed, I'd be dead!
Doctor: I'm not convinced. 60 milligrams!
Nurse Mouse: 60 milligrams! [Loads a syringe of tranquilizer onto a shotgun]
Wilbur: What? Are you guys crazy? You can't do this to me! I'm an American citizen, buddy!
Doctor: Better double it.
Wilbur: Double?
Nurse Mouse: Double, coming up! [Loads a second syringe]
Wilbur: No!
Doctor: Prepare the patient for medication.
Wilbur: This can't be happening! I must be dreaming! Come on, Wilbur, wake up! Come on!
Doctor: Three degrees right!
Nurse Mouse: Three degrees right!
Doctor: Down two degrees!
Wilbur: No! Don't go down two degrees!
Nurse Mouse: Down two degrees!
Doctor: Ready...
Wilbur: No, I'm not ready!
Doctor: Aim...
Wilbur (Whimpers): Please don't do this to me!
Doctor: Fire!
[Gunshot]
Wilbur: Aahh, whoa! Oh, whoa!

10. Bianca: Don't worry, Bernard. Jake has everything under control.
Bernard: Yeah, I-I noticed.

For more good quotes go to http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100477/quotes (or simply watch the movie.) :)

Here are two silly clips from this movie for your enjoyment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5rCvNII7go&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNujIOK7eKo&feature=related


No comments:

Post a Comment