Wednesday, February 3, 2010

So, about those french fries... (Potatoes Continued)

Well, there's really not much to say about them. Today I decided to get my lunch at the T-Bird Grill instead of Outtakes or Hogi Yogi. As Snoopy says, "Life's just too short not to live it up a little." (That's a line from the musical You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, for which I'm playing my viola as an orchestra pit musician. I absolutely love playing my viola for musicals, but they do tend to get stuck in your head. Especially when you have to perform at 9 performances.) I got a bacon cheese burger on sourdough bread combo, which came with a "small" order of fries. I then proceeded to find an empty table in the Sharwan Smith rotunda, which is quite a feat. Thankfully, I saw a lady I know from work and asked if I could sit with her. She said I could, but I wondered why a group of tables, which included hers, was roped off. I asked her if I needed to do anything special to sit with her in the roped off group of tables. She said she didn't think so. I asked her why the tables were roped off. She said one of the fraternities had done it but she wasn't sure why. "I'm 36," she said, "I don't care about such things anymore." Well, you know those non-traditional students. They're rebels, man. So, I carefully stepped over the rope, my hands full of greasy deliciousness, and sat at her table. She finished before I did, so I was left sitting alone. Presently I ran out of fry sauce, so I went to obtain more. I filled up my little fry sauce container completely. I returned to the roped off table, (The other tables were still in use), and sat down to finish my french fries when I realized that I was very full. But I had just taken more of the Grill's fry sauce, so I felt I should use it. I ate the fries, and they were yummy, but I could feel my stomach expand with each one I ate. Soon, a guy I knew in high school passed by and asked why I was sitting in the roped off section. I said I wasn't sure why the area was roped off, but as the table was empty, I decided to sit there anyway. He said something like, "Oh. Well, I just wondered what made you special enough to sit in the roped off section, but I guess that's obvious." I shrugged my shoulders and watched him leave... "Wait a second," I thought, "Did he just pay me a compliment? Aw, that was nice. maybe I should have been more friendly. Oh well..."
So this is truly the end of my "potatoes" post, though I can't promise I won't talk about them again in the future... :)

1 comment:

  1. You deserve all kinds of compliments! I'm sure you were nice.

    I loved the story about mom and the strudel! :)

    ReplyDelete